In Response to Gas Crisis, Lamborghini Releases the Lowest Mileage Car in Years - 8 MPG
BWC's Gas Guzzler Surcharge List Bigger and List-ier Than Ever!Better World Club is one of the few, if only, companies in the U.S. that takes environmental impact into account when setting prices - even if it has no impact on our costs. Better World Club surcharges consumers who own a vehicle on our "gas guzzlers" list an additional 20% on their membership fees. (At the same time, we discount our membership fees for alternative fuel vehicles.)
This year's worst gas guzzlers:
- Lamborghini Murcielago (8 mpg city / 13 mpg highway)
- Aston Martin DB9 (11 mpg city / 17 mpg highway)
- Bentley Continental GTC (10 mpg city / 17 mpg highway)
- Bentley Azure (9 mpg city / 15 mpg highway)
- Ferrari 612 Scaglietti (9 mpg city / 16 mpg highway)
- Bentley Arnage RL (9 mpg city / 15 mpg highway)
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD (11 mpg city / 14 mpg highway)
But what of the Hummer H2, you may ask? Fear not! As has become our custom, we recognize the Hummer H2 as an honorary 2009 gas guzzler. GM doesn't have to disclose the Hummer H2's fuel economy because of its governmental vehicle classification, so there are no official stats on its fuel efficiency. However, most unofficial tests have put the Hummer at 11 mpg.
Click here to learn more about the gas-guzzler surcharge and discounts for alternative fuel vehicles.
Note: Better World Club uses EPA statistics to determine the vehicles with the worst gas mileage across the board. There is no "picking and choosing" when deciding which models are added to the list.