What Sets Better World Club Apart?
If you’re looking for an alternative (dare we say, Better) Auto Club, you’ve come to the right place. With more than 40,000 service providers across the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, and a sustainable transportation agenda, Better World Club is the nation’s best alternative to AAA.
Better World Club provides quality roadside assistance, nationwide, 24 hours a day, and 7 Days a week. We also provide access to hotel and car rental savings, maps, trip routings, and other travel protection benefits. And we don't compromise your values.
- We use membership dues to employ staff, contract with service providers, market to new members, donate to carbon offset and environmental cleanup, and make a sustainable profit as a company. Period.
- BWC is NOT part of the Highway Lobby -- the conglomerate of automobile, oil, tire, and cement interests that advocates for more and larger road building and against the development of infrastructure and safety protections for other modes of transportation, including mass transit, bicycling, and walking. AAA is part of the Highway Lobby.
- BWC supports state efforts to regulate automobile emissions as we face the challenges of Climate Change.
- BWC consistently supports the funding and development of bike lanes. National and Regional AAA's have fought against bike lanes and public transit funding. Changes in AAA suport have been inconsistent.
- BWC supports the use of highway tax dollars used to fund mass transit development and maintenance.
- BWC supports a broad enforcement of the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts.
- BWC Donates 1% of our yearly revenue to environmental cleanup and advocacy. AAA does not.
- BWC created the first and only nationwide, 24/7 bicycle roadside assistance program. AAA has bicycle roadside assistance only in certain cities and states.
- BWC maintains a carbon-neutral headquarters and fleet service program. AAA does not.
- BWC stands against Corporate Personhood. We are a company of individuals, well caffeinated from the finest, sustainably-farmed coffee grounds, roasted locally and delivered by bicycle courier.
Better world club is the only nationwide bicycle roadside assistance company. AAA has started offering bicycle roadside assistance in a few cities and states. Service vehicles for the industry (both AAA and BWC) are not equipped to repair a members' bicycles or change flat tires; however, transportation for you and your disabled bicycle will be provided in service areas. Here is a quick rundown of our differences.
Better World Club:
- Consistent, Nationwide, 24/7 bicycle roadside assistance.
- Regardless of auto plan, Transportation up to 30 miles from the bicycle breakdown.
- Coverage for Cyclists who do not own or do not want an auto membership.
American Automobile Association:
AAA Oregon / Idaho(southern 34 counties)/ and Minneapolis, MN*
- Basic - up to a 5-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
- Plus - up to a 100-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
- Premier - up to a 200-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
*Bicycle service in Minneapolis available ONLY in the AAA Minneapolis coverage area which includes Hennepin County, Columbia Heights, Hilltop, Fridley, and Spring Lake Park South (approximately a 30 mile radius).
AAA South Jersey:
- Service will be provided to any point of safety within a 15-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
- Service is only available within AAA South Jersey coverage area which includes Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties of New Jersey
To any point of safety within a 5-mile radius. Members with AAA Plus, AAA Plus-RV, AAA Premier and AAA Premier-RV are eligible for extended coverage.
BWC vs AAA Comparison Chart
- Household (PLUS) membership cover up to three additional members of your household.
- Associate members on Bicycle Only memberships are $17 per person, $27 on Basic Auto memberships, and $37 on Premium memberships.
- AAA is a registered trademark of the American Automobile Association.
- There are over 80 regional AAA clubs. Each regional AAA club sets its own rates, policies and services. If you switch to Better World Club, we will match your current AAA price.
- AAA rates on this page do not include promotions or other price discounts.
- Price ranges and services listed are representative and not necessarily complete.
- Check with your local AAA club for specific rates, policies and services.
- AAA Plus is not available in certain regions to new members
- Price matching applies to new membership only.
- Signup fee is nonrefundable.
- Hybrid Vehicle Owners Discount: 10% discount for owners of hybrid vehicles; Offer for new members only
- Gas Guzzler Surcharge: 20% surcharge for owners of the Ten worst gas-guzzling cars.
Interested in learning more? Sign up for our Kicking Asphalt Newsletter. There you’ll find our AAA Watch (reporting our competitor’s lobbying practices) as well as advocacy, environmental and travel news, information for bikes and cars, reviews, and discounts.