Riding to work? Leaving for a long bike trip? Better World Club is an essential part of your safety kit.
Not only is Better World Club the nation's only eco-minded auto club, we also offer the nation’s first and only 24/7 nationwide roadside assistance service for bicycles.
Check out our Bicycling Information Center page for both new and experienced riders.
|Primary Holder||Per Additional Cyclist||Service Coverage||Service Calls|
|Bicycle Only||$39.95||$17||Up to 30 Miles||2 (Per year)|
- Bicycle-only membership does not include coverage for your automobile or motorcycle.
- Bicycle-only services can be added to any of our auto programs for just $17.00.
Nationwide emergency roadside assistance, 24/7: Transportation service for you and your bicycle up to up to 30 miles per service with a maximum of 2 service calls per covered member, per year. Additional mileage rates dependent upon service provider.
Lockout: Because we cannot verify ownership of a bicycle, we will not dispatch a service provider to remove a bike lock. If you independently arrange service to free your locked bike, you may submit a claim for reimbursement for up to $50.
Compare us with AAA
Better World Club is the only nationwide bicycle roadside assistance company. AAA has started offering bicycle roadside assistance in a few cities and states. Service vehicles for the industry (both AAA and BWC) are not equipped to repair a members bicycle or change flat tires; however, transportation for you and your disabled bicycle will be provided in service areas. Here is a quick rundown of our differences:
Better World Club:
- Consistent, Nationwide, 24/7 bicycle roadside assistance.
- Regardless of auto plan, transportation up to 30 miles from the bicycle breakdown.
- Coverage for cyclists who do not own or do not want an auto membership.
American Automobile Association:
AAA Oregon / Idaho(southern 34 counties) / and Minneapolis, MN*
- Basic - up to a 5-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
- Plus - up to a 100-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
- Premier - up to a 200-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
* Bicycle service in Minneapolis available ONLY in the AAA Minneapolis coverage area which includes Hennepin County, Columbia Heights, Hilltop, Fridley, and Spring Lake Park South (approximately a 30 mile radius).
AAA South Jersey:
Service will be provided to any point of safety within a 15-mile radius of the bicycle breakdown
Service is only available within AAA South Jersey coverage area which includes Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem Counties of New Jersey
To any point of safety within a 5-mile radius. Members with AAA Plus, AAA Plus-RV, AAA Premier and AAA Premier-RV are eligible for extended coverage.
Bicycle Roadside Assistance Comparison
|BWC Bicycle Program||AAA Bicycle Program|
|Cost for Primary Member||$39.95 for Bike Only
($17 if added to auto membership)
|No Fee & No Bike Only|
|Additional Family Members||$17 (free if Bike is added)||No Fee & No Bike Only|
|Anti-Bike Lane Lobbying||Never||Yes|
|Miles Covered||30 Miles. Nationwide.||5-100 Miles|
(per covered member)
|2 service calls per year for bicycle
(Doesn't count toward auto limit)
|Included in auto service calls
(Counts towards total limit)
|Bicycle Only Membership Benefits|
|BWC Bicycle Only||AAA|
|Car Rental Savings||YES||Does not have Bike Only|
|Hotel Savings||YES||Does not have Bike Only|
|Free Maps & Trip Routing||YES||Does not have Bike Only|